Made with Suji/ Rava/ Semolina and vegetables. Upma is Easy to prepare, Healthy and delicious breakfast/ snacks dish.
Roasted Suji/Rave/Semolina – 1 cup
Chopped onion – 1 medium
Chopped green chili – 2
Chopped Tomato -1
Thinly sliced carrot/gajar – 1
Thinly sliced capsicum – 1 small
Chana/Gram dal – 1 tbs
mustard seeds – 1 tbs
Curry leaves – 7-8
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat some oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add Chana/gram daal and Curry leaves.
- Now add chopped onion and green chili. Saute till onion turns light golden.
- Now add sliced carrot/gajar. Saute for few secs and add capsicum. Again saute it for few secs.
- Meanwhile boil 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Now add tomato. Cook until tomato becomes tender.
- Once tomato becomes tender, add Salt and mix well.
- Now add roasted suji/rava and mix well. Saute for few seconds.
- Now add boiled water. Mix well and cook until it thickens completely. Keep stirring.
- Now turn off the flame and serve hot.
3,673 total views, 3 views today