Crispy, Healthy , Quick and Tasty Mix Veg Uttapam.
Uttapam is a healthy breakfast or snacks dish. It’s basically made by suji/semolina/rava and curd/yogurt which is crisp and crepe-like, thick pancake. Uttapam is a quick and simple recipe. There are many different varieties of uttapam like plain uttapam, onion uttapam, vegetable uttapam and many more.
I love mix veg uttapam. I prepare mix veg uttapam in two different ways. One by mixing all the vegetables in the batter and other one is by placing vegetables on the top of it. Here I am going to show you the first way of making uttapam. You can check the other way here Crispy Uttapam.
Here I am going to show you how to make uttapam by mixing vegetables in batter. While making uttapam this way, just be careful while flipping the uttapam as it may break.
This can be served with tomato sauce or coconut chutney and sambhar.
1 cup suji/rava/semolina
1/2 cup curd
1 chopped onion
1 chopped tomato
1/2 chopped Capsicum
Green chilies – 2 chopped
chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Now take suji/rava, curd and salt together in a bowl. Mix well using spoon by gradually adding water until batter has thick yet watery consistency.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables(onion,tomato,green chili, capsicum, coriander leaves) to batter and mix well.
- Heat non stick pan over medium flame and add few drops of oil on the surface and spread it.
- Now pour batter (approx. 1/2 cup) and spread it into a circle. Cook until bottom side turns light brown.
- Flip it and cook another side over medium flame until bottom surface turns light brown in color.
- Flip it again and cook for 30-seconds. Transfer it to a plate. Uttapam is ready.
10,616 total views, no views today