Methi Paratha Recipe – A Healthy and quick Breakfast
Methi Paratha is made of whole wheat flour and fresh fenugreek / methi leaves. It’s a popular paratha recipe.
Methi is very good for health. Methi paratha is easiest way to include methi in our diet.Dried Methi leaves known as Kasoori methi can be also used for making methi paratha but fresh methi leaves are always a better option.
As fenugreek is rich in fibre and antioxidants, it helps in flushing out harmful toxins from the body and thus, aids digestion, deal with constipation. Methi lowers blood pressure, reduces risk of heart disease, helps you loose weight.
Other than these Methi leaves are also good for hair and skin.
How to make Methi Paratha:
Wheat Flour/Aatta – 2 bowl
Fresh Fenugreek/Methi Leaves – 200 gm
Green Chili – 2 chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Ajwayan/Carrom Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1 pinch
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies. Saute just for few seconds (6-7 seconds).
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix.
- Add Methi leaves.
- Add salt and cook for 1 minute. Don’t cook it for longer time.
- Switch off the flame. Let it get cool.
- Now take wheat flour in a container. Add 1 tsp carrom/ajwayan seeds.
- Add cooked methi leaves and mix it well with flour.
- Now slowly add water in small incremental quantities and knead soft and smooth dough.
- Now divide the dough into equal sized small balls.
- Now flatten the ball with hand. Sprinkle flour on the rolling board and roll it into medium rounds.
- Now heat a tawa. Place the paratha on tawa.
- Once one side is cooked, flip it and let cook the another side.
- Now spread oil around the paratha.
- Flip it and spread oil this side too. Cook it by pressing edges with spatula.
- Once Methi paratha is evenly cooked and get golden spots on it, Methi Paratha is ready. Take it out from tawa.
- Place a cube of butter on Methi Paratha and serve hot with Pickle/curd/sauce/Tomato chutney/Any curry.
- Methi paratha can just be had with chai/tea. Methi Paratha is also a good tiffin box snack and stay soft if packed in aluminium foil.
359 total views, no views today