Cheesy Veg Momos – Steamed dumplings stuffed with veggies and cheese.
How to Make Cheesy Veg Momos
Plain flour / Maida – 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
For Filling –
1 Onion – chopped
1 cup Cabbage – greted
1 cup Carrot – grated
1 cup Beans – finely chopped
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp Vinegar
Salt – 1/4 tsp
1 tbsp Chili Sauce
1 pinch Pepper powder
1 cup Cheese – grated
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mix the plain flour/maida and salt and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Once dough is ready cover and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Chopped Onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped Beans, grated carrot, grated cabbage.
- Stir fry vegetables on medium to high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tbsp Vinegar, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Chili Sauce and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup grated Cheese and mix well.
- Half of the cheese I used while stuffing.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder mix well and switch off the stove.
- Knead dough once again.
- Spread oil on your both palms and divide dough into smooth equal sized balls.
- Flatten and roll it into a thin circle.
- Cut it with a round shaped sharp cutter.
- Place a generous amount of stuffing in centre.
- If you want momos to be more cheesy add some grated cheese on top of it. This is optional.
- Bring both side edges together. Make pleats on both the side and join edges together by pressing with your fingers.
- Now bring water to a boil and Cook Momos on steam for 6 to 7 minutes. I have used an electric rice cooker for steaming.
- When momos are cooked a shiny sheen appears over them.
- Serve Cheesy momos hot with spicy chili or tomato – chili sauce.
1,089 total views, 1 views today