Dum Egg Biryani preapared in Hyderabadi style
Basmati Rice : 2 cups (Soaked in water for 15 minutes)
Fried onion : 3 medium
sliced onion : 1 medium
Eggs : 4 boiled
Curd : 4 tbs
Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tbs
Sabut/Whole garam masala: Black cardamon – 1, Green cardamon- 2, Cinnamon stick- 1 inch, Bay Leaf- 3, Clove- 2, Black pepper- 4, Sahi Jeera- 1 tbs, Javitri – small piece
Powdered spices: Turmeric powder- 1/2tbs, Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbs, Chili powder- 1/2 tbs, Biryani masala- 2 tbs
Ghee : 4 tbs
Oil : 4 tbs
Chopped Mint and Coriander leaves
Lemon : small piece
- Boil water with 2 tbs ghee, whole garam masala and 1 tbs salt. Cook Rice in this water till rice is 80% cooked.
- Slit boiled eggs with knife from all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and fry until brown. Set it aside to a plate.
- In the same pan heat oil. Fry boiled eggs with a pinch of chili , turmeric, coriander and biryani masala powder.
- When rice is 80% cooked, drain it and keep aside.
- Now heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pot. Add sahi jeera/cumin and bay leaves.
- Now add sliced onion and saute for 30 secs. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry until onion turns golden. Then add all the powdered spices and fry it for few seconds.
- Now add curd and mix well. Add salt and 2 tbs of Biryani masala. Then add fried eggs and saute until the mixture thickens. Switch off the stove.
- Now add 2 tbs ghee. Sprinkle some fried onion and chopped coriander and mint leaves. Then add partially cooked Rice. Sprinkle Biryani masala, fried onion, chopped coriander and mint leaves and lemon juice. Also sprinkle little amount of water. Cover the pot.
- Now heat a heavy bottom tawa. Place pot over the tawa. Set the flame to very low. Cook it this way for 10 mins. Switch off and allow it to rest for another 10 mins.
- Open lid and mix well. Serve with Raita.
620 total views, 3 views today