Stuffed Tomato Gravy Recipe: A delicious tangy stuffed tomato gravy. Tomato is stuffed with potato and peas. How to make stuffed tomato gravy:
Tomato – 4
Potato – 3 boiled and mashed
Matar/Green Peas – 1/4
small bowl Onion – 1 chopped
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili/Mirch powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Coriander Salt as per taste
Onion – 1 sliced Ginger
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chili/Mirch Powder – 1/2 tsp
Matar/Green Peas – 1/4 small bowl
1 boiled potato – broken into small pieces
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing 1 pinch
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a kadai.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp Chili and 1/4 tsp coriander powder.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add salt.
- Add Matar. Saute for few seconds.
- Add 1/4 tsp Garam Masala powder and mix.
- Add mashed boiled potato.
- Saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Switch off the flame and keep potato mixture aside for stuffing.
- Cut the top of the tomatoes and remove it.
- Now scoop out pulp with a spoon.
- Grind pulp and keep aside. We will use it while making gravy.
- Stuff the tomatoes with filling. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil is medium hot, place the tomatoes in pan and cook on low flame till tomato become little tender. It will take approx 1 minute.
- Don’t cook for longer as tomato will be overcooked and stuffing will come out.
- Once Tomato becomes tender, take it out and keep aside.
- Now for gravy heat 2-3 tbsp oil in the same pan.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida/Hing.
- Once Onion turns golden, Add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Saute until raw smell goes off.
- Add 1 tsp urmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder podwer and saute for few seconds.
- Add Peas and saute for few seconds.
- Saute for few seconds. Then add tomato pulp to it and again cook for few seconds.
- Add Salt.
- Now add 3 cups of water and let it comes to boil.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add stuffed tomato to the gravy. Cook it for another 1 minute and switch off the flame.
- Let it set for 5 minutes and serve hot with rice.
1,763 total views, 7 views today