Sattu Paratha is a famous dish of Bihar region of India. The main ingredient of Sattu Paratha is sattu which is made of roasted chana/gram dal (powdered roasted grams).
It’s a delicious recipe. Sattu is mainly famous in state of Bihar, Jharkhand and UP. You can get ready made Sattu at groceries store. You don’t have to prepare it yourself.
Sattu ka Paratha is stuffed with spiced up sattu mixture.
How to make Sattu Paratha
Wheat flour/ Atta – 2 bowl
salt – 1/4 tsp
Wheat flour/ Aatta – 2 cup
Sattu/roasted gram flour – 1 cup
Finely chopped Onion – 1
chopped Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
chopped Ginger – 1 inch
chopped coriander leaves
Oil and spices from mango pickle – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
finely chopped green chillies – 2 to 3
Salt as per taste
Oil to shallow fry Parathas
Making Sattu Parathas:
- For preparing the dough, add 1/4 tsp of salt in wheat flour/atta. Now slowly add water in small incremental quantities and knead soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth or kitchen towel.
- For filling, take sattu in a bowl. Add all other ingredients mentioned for filling. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle some water to make the mixture a bit wet.
- The filling should be slightly moist, neither powdery nor sticky.
- Take a small portion from the dough and roll and flatten with your palm.
- Roll it to a thick and small roti (approx 2.5 inch diameter).
- Place a generous amount of the sattu mixture (approx 2 tbsp) in the middle.
- Bring the edges of the dough around and seal the edges at the top, flattening the stuffed dough gently.
- Now gently roll out the parathas into round shape of approx 5 to 6 inch diameter.
- Heat a tawa. Place rolled-out paratha on the tawa to cook on medium heat.
- When the bottom suface starts spotting with brown dots (about 1 to 2 min), flip it and cook another side.
- When it’s cooked from both sides, spread some oil evenly on the top surface.
- After few seconds, flip again and repeat on the other side of the paratha.
- Cook edges of the paratha by pressing it with spatula.
- When both sides of the sattu paratha are cooked, remove it from heat. Serve with curd, pickle, baingan bharta.
For Baingan Bharta Recipe Click here
581 total views, 1 views today