Methi Chicken Recipe | How to prepare Methi Chicken | Chicken with fenugreek leaves recipe
A Delicious Chicken recipe prepared with fresh Methi/Fenugreek leaves.
Chicken – 1/2 kg boneless or with bones cut into small pieces (I am using boneless and have washed with turmeric powder and lemon juice)
Curd – 1 bowl
Turmeric/Haldi Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Chili/Mirch powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander/dhania Powder – 1 tbsp
salt – 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice – few drops (don’t add more)
Sliced Onion – 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tbsp
Fresh Methi/Fenugreek Leaves – 200 gm (half chopped and half whole leaves)
Green Chili – 2-3
Cumin/Jeera seeds – 1 teaspoon
Bay Leaves – 2
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Green Cadamom – 2
Black Cardamom – 1
Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2-4 tbsp
- First marinate chicken with all the ingredients mentioned above under marination. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add whole spices (Cumin/Jeera seeds, Bay Leaves, Cinnamon stick,Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom) to it.
- When whole spices starts spluttering, add sliced onion to it and saute until onion becomes light golden in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes off
- Add all the methi/fenugreek leaves to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add marinated chicken to it. Mix well. Add green chillies.
- Cover and cook until oil getting seperated.It will take approx 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Now add garam masala and two cups of water. Again cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve Methi chicken with roti, naan or rice.
Share your feedback and suggestions below……
8,120 total views, 6 views today