Kathal Curry Recipe- Made with authentic Indian style.
How to Make Kathal Curry or Jackfruit Curry:
Kathal/Jackfruit – 500 gm cut into medium sizes pieces
Onion – 2 to 3 sliced
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Bay Leaf/Tej patta – 2
Haldi/Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander/Dhaniya powder – 1 tbsp
Chili/Mirch powder – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Heat 3 to 4 tbsp Oil in kadai.
- Add Kathal/jackfruit pieces and cook till they become tender.
- Once kathal pieces become tender and golden in color, switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai heat 2 to 3 tbsp oil.
- Add Cumin/jeera seeds and Bay leaf/Tejpatta. Let them splutter.
- Add 2 medium sliced Onion and cook till become golden.
- Meanwhile take 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Add 1 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp chili, 1 tbsp turmeric and 1 tbsp coriander powder.
- Add water to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Once onion turns golden, add prepared paste.
- saute with continuous stirring till oil start separating from it.
- Add salt.
- Once all raw aroma goes off and oil starts separating, add fried kathal/jackfruit pieces And Mix well.
- Cook kathal with spices for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook on high flame.
- Once it comes to boil, add garam masala and set flame to low.
- Now cover and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or till kathal/jackfruit is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and let it set for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
2,043 total views, 2 views today