Quick Imli Chutney / Sweet Tamarind Sauce
Instant and super quick recipe of Imli Chutney / Tamarind Chutney.
This Imli chutney recipe is one of the most important accompaniment in most of Indian snacks. Imli chutney is often used in north indian chaat snacks like aaloo tikki chaat, dahi bhalle, papdi chaat. Imli chutney is also served with samosas, pani puri, kachoris and parathas.
Imli chutney can be also stored for 10- 15 days in refrigerator.
In this recipe I am using sugar for making Imli chutney/ Tamarind sauce. You can also use jaggery.
How to make Quick Imli Chutney | Sweet Tamarind sauce
Tamarind/Imli – 1/3 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chili – 2
Salt – 1 tsp
Water – as required
- Soak tamarind in water for 3-4 hours.
- Squeeze the pulp from the tamarind with your hand. Discard fibers and seeds.
- Sieve the pulp and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadai.
- When oil is hot, add 2 dry red chilies and let them crackle.
- Now add the sieved pulp and cook till comes to boil.
- Add 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the tamarind chutney cool.
- Once cooled, you can store it in refrigerator.
1,820 total views, 1 views today