Indian Fish Recipe cooked with Mustard gravy…
Fish – 1/2 Kg cut into medium pieces
Onion – 2 medium Sliced
Tomato – 1 medium chopped
Green Chili – 2
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard paste – 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder- 2 tbsp
Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – chopped
Salt to taste
- Mix 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp turmeric powder ,1/2 tbsp chili powder and salt to fish pieces. coat it properly around all the sides of fish pieces.
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now heat kadhai and pour oil to fry marinated fish.
- When oil is hot, add fish pieces and fry on low flame. Fry it properly from all sides. It will take approx 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make thick paste of all dry spices using some water.
(1 tbsp coriander powder, 2 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp chili powder)
- Once fish is fried take it out and keep aside. Repeat this for all fish pieces.
- After frying all the fish pieces, will use same oil to make curry. So remove extra oil if there.
- Add mustard seeds to oil. When it starts spluttering, add onion and green chili. Cook it with stirring in between until onion turns golden.
- Once onion turns golden, add prepared paste (garlic,coriander,turmeric and chili) to it and fry it with continuous stirring until oil gets separated from it.
- Now add chopped tomato and salt. Cook until tomato is cooked completely.
- When tomato is cooked, add mustard paste to it and mix well. cook for 30 secs.
- Now add 2 cups of water and let it come to boil. Add Coriander leaves.
- When gravy comes to boil, add fried Fish pieces to it and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now turn off the flame. Let it set for 5 minutes. Then serve hot with rice.
699 total views, 1 views today