Prawn in Tamarind Sauce – Sweet and Sour Prawns in Tamarind Sauce
How to make Prawn using tamarind sauce:
400 gm Prawn
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 finely chopped Onion
2 Green Chilies
2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
1 tbsp Palm Sugar
Chopped coriander powder
Salt as per taste
- Clean and Wash prawns properly.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp salt to prawn. Mix well and keep marinated for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add marinated prawns. Saute until Prawn is fried.
- Prawn will release some water. Cook it on medium flame. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes till it is cooked, turns red and curls.
- Now turn off flame and remove the prawns from pan and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Saute till onion turns light golden.
- Add 1 tbsp palm sugar.
Add 2 tbsp of tamarind paste added with some water. Let it boil.
- Add fried prawns. Mix well.
- Add Salt and green chilies. Cook till mixture thickens.
- Turn off flame. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
5,400 total views, 20 views today