Ghee Roasted Chettinad Chicken Recipe
How to make Chettinad Chicken
Chicken – 500 gms
Whole spices to grind: 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 2 Red Chili, 5 Green Cardamom/Elaychi, 2 Cloves/Lawang, 1 tsp Black Pepper,1 small piece Cinnamon stick,
1 small piece Mace/Javitri, 1 Star Anise/Chakra Phool
1 tbsp Coriander powder
Curd – tbsp
Salt – 1 tb
Ghee – 2tbspsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
Oil – 1tbsp
asafoetida/Hing – 1 pinch
Bay Leaf – 1
Curry Leaves – 5-6
Onion Paste – 1 onion
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
1 tsp Turmeric/Haldi powder.
Method to Make Chettinad Chicken:
- Dry roast all these whole spices for few seconds.
- When whole spices are almost roasted, add 1 tbsp coriander powder/ whole coriander seeds and roast for few more seconds.
- Be careful spices should not get burnt.
- Let it get cool.
- Grind all the roasted spices.
- Take out grind spices in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp curd, salt and lemon juice to spices.
- Mix it well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this paste.
- Keep it marinated for 2 to 3 hours.
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add 2 tbsp Ghee.
- Add a pinch of Hing and one Bay leaf.
- Add Curry leaves.
- Add onion paste and saute till it turns light golden.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw aroma goes off.
- Add 1 tsp Turmeric/Haldi powder and saute for few seconds.
- Now add marinated chicken pieces.
- Roast it from all sides.
- Now cover and cook chicken with stirring on intervals.
- Cook it like this until chicken is cooked completely.
- Garnish with sliced onion, lemon and curry leaves and serve hot.
128 total views, no views today